Oh no, fussy crying baby and you don’t know what to do. You examine your baby and notice his or her little belly feels a little hard and then it hits you, oh my goodness, my baby hasn’t pooped in a few days. Don’t panic, it is usually just due to something they ate, it isn’t usually anything major, although you should still consult the pediatrician as they will let you know if it is something minor and also ease your mind a little bit. I have some “get your baby to poop fast” tips that have always worked for my babies.
- Give them straight apple juice (do not mix half and half with water like your normally would juts straight apple juice.) Note: this will not work for all babies; it depends on age so always consult the Pediatrician.
- If apple juice doesn’t work you can try prune juice, what I did was mix apple and prune juice since prune juice can be more of an acquired taste versus a preferred one.
- An old school remedy is Caro syrup, you can put a little bit into a bottle with just some warm water or if you wanted to you could even mix it with breast milk or formula.
- Baby suppositories, they do sell these over the counter, just be careful because depending on age and weight there are certain doses you need to use, you can cut the suppository in half, and when I say half I mean lengthwise cut in half due to a lot of the medicine being in the tip of the suppository.
- If all else fails call the Pediatrician again and let them know, they will most likely want to see your baby at their office so they can further investigate to see what the problem may be.